The New Jersey Windsurfing & Watersports Association is a 501(c)7 Recreational Club non-profit organization. The Association is run totally by boardheads, for boardheads. The Board of Directors, who tirelessly give their time, would much rather be sailing than worrying about mailing lists, newsletters, and account balances. It is very unusual for Board of Directors to show up at an evening board meeting with dry hair because they’re always shredding up to the last minute before.
The current aims of the club are to:
- Promote the sport of Windsurfing & other non-motorized watersports such as Kitesurfing, Kayaking, and Stand Up Paddling through demos, clinics, publically announced events, sponsored lessons, and by encouraging kids into the sports.
- Stage fun windsurfing/kitesurfing/paddling events such as inter- and intra-club challenges (competitive and non-competitive).
- Protect our water access rights.
- Maintain the www.windsurfnj.org web, to provide an avenue for disseminating information of interest to sailors who do, and potentially would, sail in New Jersey.
- Provide a forum associated with the website for discussions of current and future issues.
- Provide a Quarterly newsletter either electronic or hard copies.
Windsurfing New Jersey
Board of Directors:
President- Jeffrey Bauer
Vice President- Allen Schultz
Secretary- Jean Luc Peyrot
Treasurer- William DeStefano
LBI Event Chair- Jacek Polubiec
Lakes Bay Event Chair- Brian Rauch
Sandy Hook Event Chair- Marah Shiels
Barnegat Event Chair-Antoni Dabrowski
Membership Chair- Eileen Pfafman
Board of Trustees:
Alasdair Gilfillan – Founder
Wallace DaPron – President & Founder
Thomas Latham – Founder
Brian Rauch – Founder
Paul Smith – Founder